Five Easy Ways to Take Care of Your Guests
Christmas is right around the corner! Chances are you are probably hosting or being hosted this year. We’re here to give five easy ways to be the best host this year. And no, we’re not going to try and convince you to get an air filter subscription to keep your air healthy for everyone or some other creative (yet true) statement—we know that’s a stretch. You can read on, sales-pitch-free!
- Try to add some extra special touches in at dinner. Menus, name tags, thoughtful place settings. It can really be whatever you want! And it doesn’t need to be ornate or opulent. The little touches, done well, can really go a long way.
- Make mealtime fun for the kids. If your Christmas is full of little ones, consider using sturdy craft paper as your tablecloth. Throw some crayons on there, and they have a canvas. Not only does it make clean up clean, but it also brings you one step closer to achieving effortless farmhouse chic.
- Keep the day easy. When you host people at home, it’s not time to break out the caviar, show off your famous Boeuf en Croute, or teach everyone how to make the best Bordeaux. You know what’s a lot more special that fancy eats and drinks? Sharing Christmas cheer over food everyone can enjoy and brings them back to simpler times when we could all get along over a home-cooked meal.
- Self-serve cocktail bar. If we’re being real for a second, we can all admit parties are more fun when everyone has little something to drink. You can stand your relatives a little more and even politely answer questions like when you’re moving home and when you’ll have kids! Even dad’s stories you’ve heard a thousand times are more bearable. And this is easy! You can even plan ahead with some delicious pre-mixed cocktails.
- Recycle. Nearly every Christmas comes with trash bags full of wrapping paper. Figure out what you can recycle and what you can’t. Use this guide to help you make the right call. In the US, nearly 50 million metric tons of wrapping and packing paper is made. Let’s do what we can to keep some out of the landfills.
That’s all for this year! Those all sound pretty painless, right? Find yourself being hosted this year? Bring over a bottle of wine, some small bites to snack on, or even pitch in on the self-serve cocktail bar. No one can say no to drinks or eats.
Got some easy Christmas hosting tips to share? Let us know on Facebook!